This card is perfect for most occasions. I recently used it for a birthday card with my interior sentiment saying, “Just KICK BACK and enjoy your birthday!” There are also many stamp sets available on the market that have sayings which could work with the cowgirl theme. This card is very easy to make, yet has many unique details.
In the supplies listed below, I will list the brand name of the items I used. However, many of the items/colors are interchangeable with other brands – just use what you have on hand. For step-by-step instructions on how to make this card, please keep reading.
* A2 Card (in Blue Shimmer)
* Cuttlebug with embossing folder of your choice
* Red ribbon
* Aqua blue ribbon (thinner than the red ribbon)
* Scotch tape
* Scissors (for ribbon)
* Glue runner (permanent)
* 1 small brad (red)
* Cricut Machine (with cutting mat/spatula)
* Step One – Your (shimmery blue) Recollections card base will be 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, so use your Fiskars cutting board to cut your red cardstock about 1/2″ or so smaller. (I never measure anything – just eyeball it!!) Then, run the red cardstock through the Cuttlebug to emboss it. Do not adhere the red cardstock down yet. Wait until you are completely finished decorating it.
* Step Two – Using your Cricut Expression, cut the cowboy boot, shadow, and all parts that go with it at 3″. Be sure your “Real Dial Size” is NOT on. Using your glue runner, adhere all of these pieces together. For smaller cut-outs, use your Zig two-way glue pen. Then, place your red brad directly above the gold cardstock. You can also use your white Recollections marker to decorate the boot. Affix your completed boot to your red cardstock.
* Step Three – Measure your red and blue ribbon a bit larger than your red cardstock. Curve ribbon around behind the red cardstock and secure on the back with Scotch tape. Don’t worry, this will not show once you adhere the red cardstock to your shimmery blue card base (which you may do at this time).
* Step Four – Using your Recollections white marker, draw tiny dashes around the red cardstock to mimic stitching. I got this idea from http://www.clips-n-cuts.com/. It adds a cute detail to your cards and gave this card a more country feel to it!
* If you have trouble getting your brad to go through the cardstock and you do not own a Crop-a-dile, simply use a large needle to make the initial hole for your brad “stem” to go through.
* If you want your boot to have some dimension, add Pop Dots underneath it before adhering to red cardstock.
* When using liquid glue (Zig two-way glue pen), it is very easy to get too much glue. Go easy on the glue. However, in the event some oozes out the sides and leaves an unwanted shiny film on your card, simply go over it with the Recollections white marker if it is an area where this would work. This is exactly why my red swirl cut-outs on the boot are accentuated with white! In the end, I liked it better outlined in white anyhow! 🙂
* Add more or less embellishment to suit your style. Cut 2 boots out smaller and add to another scene. Play with different colors – maybe even doing a white boot with pink or zebra accents! The most important part is to have fun and plan before you glue!
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS PROJECT. PLEASE LIKE, COMMENT, AND SHARE IF THIS POST WAS HELPFUL.